Did you spot this blimp flying over Norfolk?
- Credit: Archant
Motorists driving along the A11 near Wymondham on Wednesday may have spotted a 20ft blimp in the skies above them.
The giant balloon, which was flying some 200ft in the air was launched at around 1pm by the Wymondham company Netmatters to promote its work and ability to run big marketing campaigns.
Established in 2008, Netmatters is a technology company offering digital marketing services, website software development and IT support to businesses in Norfolk and across the UK.
The company has offices in Wymondham and Great Yarmouth.
Alex Chenery-Howes, digital marketing executive at Netmatters said the company fist sought permission for the blimp in January: 'As a company it shows that we can make a big statement with some of the marketing we can do.
'I've been with this company for eight months and it's really nice to be a part of, it has taken quite a lot of co-operation to get this balloon up in the air.
'It's definitely exciting.'
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
Mr Chenery-Howes said the company also hoped the blimp would help it to promote its Scion Coalition Scheme, a training programme designed to fill a gap in the number of people with software development skills in the county.
The blimp, which measures 20ft by eight ft, will fly above Netmatters' Wymondham office in Penfold Drive during business hours until March 2019.