Did you spot this blimp flying over Norfolk?
- Credit: Archant
Motorists driving along the A11 near Wymondham on Wednesday may have spotted a 20ft blimp in the skies above them.
The giant balloon, which was flying some 200ft in the air was launched at around 1pm by the Wymondham company Netmatters to promote its work and ability to run big marketing campaigns.
Established in 2008, Netmatters is a technology company offering digital marketing services, website software development and IT support to businesses in Norfolk and across the UK.
The company has offices in Wymondham and Great Yarmouth.
Alex Chenery-Howes, digital marketing executive at Netmatters said the company fist sought permission for the blimp in January: 'As a company it shows that we can make a big statement with some of the marketing we can do.
You may also want to watch:
'I've been with this company for eight months and it's really nice to be a part of, it has taken quite a lot of co-operation to get this balloon up in the air.
'It's definitely exciting.'
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
Mr Chenery-Howes said the company also hoped the blimp would help it to promote its Scion Coalition Scheme, a training programme designed to fill a gap in the number of people with software development skills in the county.
The blimp, which measures 20ft by eight ft, will fly above Netmatters' Wymondham office in Penfold Drive during business hours until March 2019.