Did you spot this blimp flying over Norfolk?
- Credit: Archant
Motorists driving along the A11 near Wymondham on Wednesday may have spotted a 20ft blimp in the skies above them.
The giant balloon, which was flying some 200ft in the air was launched at around 1pm by the Wymondham company Netmatters to promote its work and ability to run big marketing campaigns.
Established in 2008, Netmatters is a technology company offering digital marketing services, website software development and IT support to businesses in Norfolk and across the UK.
The company has offices in Wymondham and Great Yarmouth.
Alex Chenery-Howes, digital marketing executive at Netmatters said the company fist sought permission for the blimp in January: 'As a company it shows that we can make a big statement with some of the marketing we can do.
'I've been with this company for eight months and it's really nice to be a part of, it has taken quite a lot of co-operation to get this balloon up in the air.
'It's definitely exciting.'
- 1 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 2 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 3 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 6 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 9 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 10 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
Mr Chenery-Howes said the company also hoped the blimp would help it to promote its Scion Coalition Scheme, a training programme designed to fill a gap in the number of people with software development skills in the county.
The blimp, which measures 20ft by eight ft, will fly above Netmatters' Wymondham office in Penfold Drive during business hours until March 2019.