Chainsaw and child’s bike stolen in theft before police chase
- Credit: Archant
A racing bike, chainsaw and a seven-year-old's motocross bike were stolen in a village theft that may be related to a police pursuit.
The Rudland family had the items stolen from their home on Chapel Road in Carleton Rode, near Attleborough, on Friday morning.
Rianna Rudland said her seven-year-old son Daniel is 'heartbroken' by the theft of the tenten 90 motocross bike. Her partner's racing bike model is a KTM Exc400.
South Norfolk police inspector Jason Selvarajah said: 'We have increased patrols locally. A short time later a vehicle was involved in a pursuit involving a high powered vehicle near Thetford.'
Mr Selvarajah added that the investigation is still ongoing. On Friday he posted on Twitter: 'Please remain vigilant, safeguard your belongings by ensuring they are secured and report suspicious activity.'
The incident was initially attended by Breckland police.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 10 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe