Chainsaw and child’s bike stolen in theft before police chase
- Credit: Archant
A racing bike, chainsaw and a seven-year-old's motocross bike were stolen in a village theft that may be related to a police pursuit.
The Rudland family had the items stolen from their home on Chapel Road in Carleton Rode, near Attleborough, on Friday morning.
Rianna Rudland said her seven-year-old son Daniel is 'heartbroken' by the theft of the tenten 90 motocross bike. Her partner's racing bike model is a KTM Exc400.
South Norfolk police inspector Jason Selvarajah said: 'We have increased patrols locally. A short time later a vehicle was involved in a pursuit involving a high powered vehicle near Thetford.'
Mr Selvarajah added that the investigation is still ongoing. On Friday he posted on Twitter: 'Please remain vigilant, safeguard your belongings by ensuring they are secured and report suspicious activity.'
You may also want to watch:
The incident was initially attended by Breckland police.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions