Chainsaw and child’s bike stolen in theft before police chase
- Credit: Archant
A racing bike, chainsaw and a seven-year-old's motocross bike were stolen in a village theft that may be related to a police pursuit.
The Rudland family had the items stolen from their home on Chapel Road in Carleton Rode, near Attleborough, on Friday morning.
Rianna Rudland said her seven-year-old son Daniel is 'heartbroken' by the theft of the tenten 90 motocross bike. Her partner's racing bike model is a KTM Exc400.
South Norfolk police inspector Jason Selvarajah said: 'We have increased patrols locally. A short time later a vehicle was involved in a pursuit involving a high powered vehicle near Thetford.'
Mr Selvarajah added that the investigation is still ongoing. On Friday he posted on Twitter: 'Please remain vigilant, safeguard your belongings by ensuring they are secured and report suspicious activity.'
You may also want to watch:
The incident was initially attended by Breckland police.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk