Chainsaw and child’s bike stolen in theft before police chase
- Credit: Archant
A racing bike, chainsaw and a seven-year-old's motocross bike were stolen in a village theft that may be related to a police pursuit.
The Rudland family had the items stolen from their home on Chapel Road in Carleton Rode, near Attleborough, on Friday morning.
Rianna Rudland said her seven-year-old son Daniel is 'heartbroken' by the theft of the tenten 90 motocross bike. Her partner's racing bike model is a KTM Exc400.
South Norfolk police inspector Jason Selvarajah said: 'We have increased patrols locally. A short time later a vehicle was involved in a pursuit involving a high powered vehicle near Thetford.'
Mr Selvarajah added that the investigation is still ongoing. On Friday he posted on Twitter: 'Please remain vigilant, safeguard your belongings by ensuring they are secured and report suspicious activity.'
You may also want to watch:
The incident was initially attended by Breckland police.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 6 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 7 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 8 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Katy Nelstrop