Chainsaw and child’s bike stolen in theft before police chase
- Credit: Archant
A racing bike, chainsaw and a seven-year-old's motocross bike were stolen in a village theft that may be related to a police pursuit.
The Rudland family had the items stolen from their home on Chapel Road in Carleton Rode, near Attleborough, on Friday morning.
Rianna Rudland said her seven-year-old son Daniel is 'heartbroken' by the theft of the tenten 90 motocross bike. Her partner's racing bike model is a KTM Exc400.
South Norfolk police inspector Jason Selvarajah said: 'We have increased patrols locally. A short time later a vehicle was involved in a pursuit involving a high powered vehicle near Thetford.'
Mr Selvarajah added that the investigation is still ongoing. On Friday he posted on Twitter: 'Please remain vigilant, safeguard your belongings by ensuring they are secured and report suspicious activity.'
You may also want to watch:
The incident was initially attended by Breckland police.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected