Flats evacuated as fire crews battle chip shop blaze
- Credit: Archant
Crews battled a chip shop fire in Wymondham.
Crews from Wymondham, Great Yarmouth and Attleborough were called to Big Fry Fish and Chip Shop on Market Street at 1.50pm on Monday, May 6.
The flats above the shop were evacuated as a safety precaution.
A fire service spokesman said: 'The crews used hose reel jets, a dry powder extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera.
'The crews also wore breathing apparatus.'
You may also want to watch:
A witness said she could see black smoke coming from the rear of the building.
No-one is believed to be injured.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions