Flats evacuated as fire crews battle chip shop blaze
- Credit: Archant
Crews battled a chip shop fire in Wymondham.
Crews from Wymondham, Great Yarmouth and Attleborough were called to Big Fry Fish and Chip Shop on Market Street at 1.50pm on Monday, May 6.
The flats above the shop were evacuated as a safety precaution.
A fire service spokesman said: 'The crews used hose reel jets, a dry powder extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera.
'The crews also wore breathing apparatus.'
You may also want to watch:
A witness said she could see black smoke coming from the rear of the building.
No-one is believed to be injured.
- 1 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12
- 2 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 3 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 4 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 5 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 6 Being back at school is gift - Norfolk teen reveals lockdown woes
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Canaries and Wonder Woman used to raise endometriosis awareness
- 9 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease