Flats evacuated as fire crews battle chip shop blaze
- Credit: Archant
Crews battled a chip shop fire in Wymondham.
Crews from Wymondham, Great Yarmouth and Attleborough were called to Big Fry Fish and Chip Shop on Market Street at 1.50pm on Monday, May 6.
The flats above the shop were evacuated as a safety precaution.
A fire service spokesman said: 'The crews used hose reel jets, a dry powder extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera.
'The crews also wore breathing apparatus.'
You may also want to watch:
A witness said she could see black smoke coming from the rear of the building.
No-one is believed to be injured.
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11
- 2 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 6 Families chuffed as heritage railway offers free fares for children
- 7 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 8 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 9 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 10 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job