Flats evacuated as fire crews battle chip shop blaze
- Credit: Archant
Crews battled a chip shop fire in Wymondham.
Crews from Wymondham, Great Yarmouth and Attleborough were called to Big Fry Fish and Chip Shop on Market Street at 1.50pm on Monday, May 6.
The flats above the shop were evacuated as a safety precaution.
A fire service spokesman said: 'The crews used hose reel jets, a dry powder extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera.
'The crews also wore breathing apparatus.'
You may also want to watch:
A witness said she could see black smoke coming from the rear of the building.
No-one is believed to be injured.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 10 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary