Beers brewed in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire have come top of their class in a regional ale competition.Straw Dog, brewed by Wolf of Besthorpe, near Attleborough, won gold in the speciality beers category at the Society of Independent Brewers east region beer competition held at St George's Distillery, Roudham, near Thetford.
Beers brewed in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire have come top of their class in a regional ale competition.
Straw Dog, brewed by Wolf of Besthorpe, near Attleborough, won gold in the speciality beers category at the Society of Independent Brewers east region beer competition held at St George's Distillery, Roudham, near Thetford.
The wheat beer was first developed as a seasonal ale but soon became so popular it was brewed all year round.
Another Wolf beer, Coyote, won bronze in the best bitters class.
You may also want to watch:
The brewery, founded in 1995 by Wolfe Witham, is now owned and run by director John Edwards. 'We're always pleased to win awards because we know that the standard and quality of our beers is maintained year after year,' he said.
'These awards are judged by other brewers, so you know these are people who really know what they are talking about.'
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
Comrade Bill Bartram's Egalitarian Anti-Imperialist Soviet Stout, brewed by Bartram's Brewery of Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds, won gold in the porters, strong milds, old ales and stouts class, and bronze in the overall champion beer category, while the brewery's AH-64 Special won bronze in the strong ales class.
Green Jack, of Lowestoft, won gold medals for Ripper, and silver for Mahseer IPA, Orange Wheat and Lurcher Stout; Grain, of Alburgh, near Harleston, won silver for Tamarind IPA; Adnams, of Southwold, won bronze for Broadside; and Elgood, of Wisbech, won bronze for Greyhound.