Beers brewed in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire have come top of their class in a regional ale competition.Straw Dog, brewed by Wolf of Besthorpe, near Attleborough, won gold in the speciality beers category at the Society of Independent Brewers east region beer competition held at St George's Distillery, Roudham, near Thetford.
Beers brewed in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire have come top of their class in a regional ale competition.
Straw Dog, brewed by Wolf of Besthorpe, near Attleborough, won gold in the speciality beers category at the Society of Independent Brewers east region beer competition held at St George's Distillery, Roudham, near Thetford.
The wheat beer was first developed as a seasonal ale but soon became so popular it was brewed all year round.
Another Wolf beer, Coyote, won bronze in the best bitters class.
You may also want to watch:
The brewery, founded in 1995 by Wolfe Witham, is now owned and run by director John Edwards. 'We're always pleased to win awards because we know that the standard and quality of our beers is maintained year after year,' he said.
'These awards are judged by other brewers, so you know these are people who really know what they are talking about.'
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 6 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
Comrade Bill Bartram's Egalitarian Anti-Imperialist Soviet Stout, brewed by Bartram's Brewery of Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds, won gold in the porters, strong milds, old ales and stouts class, and bronze in the overall champion beer category, while the brewery's AH-64 Special won bronze in the strong ales class.
Green Jack, of Lowestoft, won gold medals for Ripper, and silver for Mahseer IPA, Orange Wheat and Lurcher Stout; Grain, of Alburgh, near Harleston, won silver for Tamarind IPA; Adnams, of Southwold, won bronze for Broadside; and Elgood, of Wisbech, won bronze for Greyhound.