Banham Poultry donates 800 chickens to families in need
- Credit: Banham Poultry
A Norfolk-based poultry factory has donated hundreds of chickens to families in need this Christmas.
Banham Poultry, in partnership with Soul Foundation, has donated more than 800 whole chickens to spread cheer and joy to families during the festive season.
The business has been in partnership with Soul Foundation since the beginning of the first lockdown in March and has been regularly donating products to feed families and cook ready meals for homeless people in Norfolk.
A spokesperson from Banham Poultry said: "The unprecedented impact of Covid-19 has impacted everyone but no more so than the lower-income families and homeless.
"Despite the government assistance and furlough schemes, many people are really struggling to make ends meet.
You may also want to watch:
"This Christmas we would like to do our part in spreading a little goodwill and festive cheer by donating fresh British whole chickens to more than 800 families to enjoy as a part of their celebrations."
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 10 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?