Balloon festival spectacle over Norfolk
Adam GrettonAround a dozen colourful balloons took to the skies at the weekend for a Norfolk airfield's inaugural balloon festival.Enthusiasts joined light aircraft pilots and parachutists at Old Buckenham Airfield for the meeting, which organisers hope to make an annual event.Adam Gretton
Around a dozen colourful balloons took to the skies at the weekend for a Norfolk airfield's inaugural balloon festival.
Enthusiasts joined light aircraft pilots and parachutists at Old Buckenham Airfield for the meeting, which organisers hope to make an annual event.
Hot air balloon owners from across the country set up camp at the former second world war US Air Force base, near Attleborough, on Friday. They began flying on Saturday evening after the winds eased to provide perfect conditions.
Nine balloonists will continue to fly from the airfield today , weather depending.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Peter Waller, from Norwich, said the members of the British Balloon and Airship Club came from as far afield as Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire, and Cumbria, to attend the first Norfolk Balloon Festival.
'Norfolk is a very good place to fly over and we are trying to make it as popular as the Blickling Hall balloon festival that was cancelled a few years ago. Old Buckenham is a lovely area and the people are very friendly here,' he said.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show