Balloon festival spectacle over Norfolk
Adam GrettonAround a dozen colourful balloons took to the skies at the weekend for a Norfolk airfield's inaugural balloon festival.Enthusiasts joined light aircraft pilots and parachutists at Old Buckenham Airfield for the meeting, which organisers hope to make an annual event.Adam Gretton
Around a dozen colourful balloons took to the skies at the weekend for a Norfolk airfield's inaugural balloon festival.
Enthusiasts joined light aircraft pilots and parachutists at Old Buckenham Airfield for the meeting, which organisers hope to make an annual event.
Hot air balloon owners from across the country set up camp at the former second world war US Air Force base, near Attleborough, on Friday. They began flying on Saturday evening after the winds eased to provide perfect conditions.
Nine balloonists will continue to fly from the airfield today , weather depending.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Peter Waller, from Norwich, said the members of the British Balloon and Airship Club came from as far afield as Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire, and Cumbria, to attend the first Norfolk Balloon Festival.
'Norfolk is a very good place to fly over and we are trying to make it as popular as the Blickling Hall balloon festival that was cancelled a few years ago. Old Buckenham is a lovely area and the people are very friendly here,' he said.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead