Busy road to close overnight for £50,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
An overnight closure will allow major roadworks to be carried out on a busy road.
The B1108 Norwich Road will be shut from 7pm on Friday, September 20, until 6am on Saturday, September 21, for road resurfacing at Kimberley.
Work to repair the damaged carriageway will extend approximately 100 metres either side of the junctions with Barnham Broom Road and Dark Lane, including the junction areas.
The two junctions and the B1108 at this location will therefore be closed to all through traffic, but full-signed diversion routes will be in place.
Subject to suitable weather conditions, work will take one night to complete and vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
You may also want to watch:
The resurfacing, costing £50,000, is being undertaken by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
The county council has thanked motorists for their patience while the work is completed.
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 10 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?