Busy road to close overnight for £50,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
An overnight closure will allow major roadworks to be carried out on a busy road.
The B1108 Norwich Road will be shut from 7pm on Friday, September 20, until 6am on Saturday, September 21, for road resurfacing at Kimberley.
Work to repair the damaged carriageway will extend approximately 100 metres either side of the junctions with Barnham Broom Road and Dark Lane, including the junction areas.
The two junctions and the B1108 at this location will therefore be closed to all through traffic, but full-signed diversion routes will be in place.
Subject to suitable weather conditions, work will take one night to complete and vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
You may also want to watch:
The resurfacing, costing £50,000, is being undertaken by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
The county council has thanked motorists for their patience while the work is completed.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 5 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga