Busy road to close overnight for £50,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
An overnight closure will allow major roadworks to be carried out on a busy road.
The B1108 Norwich Road will be shut from 7pm on Friday, September 20, until 6am on Saturday, September 21, for road resurfacing at Kimberley.
Work to repair the damaged carriageway will extend approximately 100 metres either side of the junctions with Barnham Broom Road and Dark Lane, including the junction areas.
The two junctions and the B1108 at this location will therefore be closed to all through traffic, but full-signed diversion routes will be in place.
Subject to suitable weather conditions, work will take one night to complete and vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
You may also want to watch:
The resurfacing, costing £50,000, is being undertaken by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
The county council has thanked motorists for their patience while the work is completed.
- 1 Teens hurt and bike and e-scooter stolen in double robbery
- 2 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 3 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 4 Thank you! YOUR messages to teachers after extraordinary year
- 5 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
- 6 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 7 'Surgery will buckle' - warning new homes will push Hethersett to crisis
- 8 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer