Busy road to close overnight for £50,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
An overnight closure will allow major roadworks to be carried out on a busy road.
The B1108 Norwich Road will be shut from 7pm on Friday, September 20, until 6am on Saturday, September 21, for road resurfacing at Kimberley.
Work to repair the damaged carriageway will extend approximately 100 metres either side of the junctions with Barnham Broom Road and Dark Lane, including the junction areas.
The two junctions and the B1108 at this location will therefore be closed to all through traffic, but full-signed diversion routes will be in place.
Subject to suitable weather conditions, work will take one night to complete and vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
You may also want to watch:
The resurfacing, costing £50,000, is being undertaken by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
The county council has thanked motorists for their patience while the work is completed.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?