Attleborough Shoppers raise over £1000 for St Martin’s Housing Trust
- Credit: Archant
Festive shoppers have donated over £1000 to St Martin's Housing Trust, a charity which supports homeless people in Norwich and Norfolk.
On Sunday, members of the Old Buckenham 2000 Trust held a collection at the Attleborough branch of Sainsburys in High Street.
Members of the Trust were joined by The New Buckenham Silver Band, a party of elves and even Santa himself as they collected over £1000 in aid of St Martin's Housing Trust.
The Norwich based charity works with homeless people offering emergency accommodation, longer term solutions, community resettlement and outreach support those who find themselves sleeping rough.
Winter is a particularly busy time for the charity, as freezing temperatures increase the demand on services.
You may also want to watch:
The charity recently expanded the capacity of one its night shelters but of it requires as further £40,000 to fully finance the work.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation