Attleborough Players looking for sponsorship
A south Norfolk amateur dramatics society is looking for sponsorship to help it whether the economic downturn.Attleborough Players, which has been running in the town for more than 35 years, is asking businesses or individuals to pledge money in return for programme advertising and free tickets.
A SOUTH Norfolk amateur dramatics society is looking for sponsorship to help it weather the economic downturn.
Attleborough Players, which has been running in the town for more than 35 years, is asking businesses or individuals to pledge money in return for programme advertising and free tickets.
Derek Tomlinson, deputy chairman of Attleborough Players, said the increasing costs of hiring costumes and the price of maintaining changing rooms while keeping ticket prices low, were putting a burden on already strained finances.
'Ticket prices have been kept at a very competitive �5 for most of our shows, takings which mostly go towards running costs and the rest into a dwindling bank account,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'In these days of drastic belt tightening we prefer to keep the costs of tickets low to benefit our audiences. This means of course that our pool of monetary assets has developed a steady leak.'
Mr Tomlinson added that in recent years the group has had to pay for a portable cabin to act as an additional changing room so young and adult members have separate facilities.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
Sponsors can choose how much they wish to contribute. Businesses will be offered programme and poster advertising to a negotiable degree, while individuals will benefit from free tickets to any of the Attleborough Players events.
The group will be putting on its next play in October, followed by a Fish n Quiz night in November and a pantomime in January.
Anyone wishing to become a sponsor can call treasurer Anne Greenwood on 01953 455022.