Attleborough Players looking for sponsorship
A south Norfolk amateur dramatics society is looking for sponsorship to help it whether the economic downturn.Attleborough Players, which has been running in the town for more than 35 years, is asking businesses or individuals to pledge money in return for programme advertising and free tickets.
A SOUTH Norfolk amateur dramatics society is looking for sponsorship to help it weather the economic downturn.
Attleborough Players, which has been running in the town for more than 35 years, is asking businesses or individuals to pledge money in return for programme advertising and free tickets.
Derek Tomlinson, deputy chairman of Attleborough Players, said the increasing costs of hiring costumes and the price of maintaining changing rooms while keeping ticket prices low, were putting a burden on already strained finances.
'Ticket prices have been kept at a very competitive �5 for most of our shows, takings which mostly go towards running costs and the rest into a dwindling bank account,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'In these days of drastic belt tightening we prefer to keep the costs of tickets low to benefit our audiences. This means of course that our pool of monetary assets has developed a steady leak.'
Mr Tomlinson added that in recent years the group has had to pay for a portable cabin to act as an additional changing room so young and adult members have separate facilities.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
Sponsors can choose how much they wish to contribute. Businesses will be offered programme and poster advertising to a negotiable degree, while individuals will benefit from free tickets to any of the Attleborough Players events.
The group will be putting on its next play in October, followed by a Fish n Quiz night in November and a pantomime in January.
Anyone wishing to become a sponsor can call treasurer Anne Greenwood on 01953 455022.