Preschool to mark 50th anniversary with community celebration
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup is marking its 50th anniversary this weekend by inviting the community to celebrate with them.
Bramble Bears Playgroup in Ashwellthorpe first opened its doors in April 1968 as Ashewellthorpe Village Preschool to serve local families.
It was originally run by parents and over the years the group has grown to be a much-loved part of the community over the past half century.
Katie Burrell, the vice chair of Bramble Bears, said: 'The playgroup is proud of its heritage and its child-led approach and ethos.
'Bramble Bears is still run today by a committee of parents and has a very good staff team.
You may also want to watch:
'Over the years the playgroup has formed excellent links with schools and childminders in the area.'
Bramble Bears has gone from strength to strength over the years and received a very good rating in its latest Ofsted report, conducted in 2016.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to market town?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 9 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 10 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
To celebrate the anniversary there will be a drop-in event at Ashwellthorpe Village Hall on Saturday April 28 from 11am to 3pm.
Activities include a village bear hunt, a display of old photos and memorabilia, a raffle and bear biscuit decorating.