Preschool to mark 50th anniversary with community celebration
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup is marking its 50th anniversary this weekend by inviting the community to celebrate with them.
Bramble Bears Playgroup in Ashwellthorpe first opened its doors in April 1968 as Ashewellthorpe Village Preschool to serve local families.
It was originally run by parents and over the years the group has grown to be a much-loved part of the community over the past half century.
Katie Burrell, the vice chair of Bramble Bears, said: 'The playgroup is proud of its heritage and its child-led approach and ethos.
'Bramble Bears is still run today by a committee of parents and has a very good staff team.
You may also want to watch:
'Over the years the playgroup has formed excellent links with schools and childminders in the area.'
Bramble Bears has gone from strength to strength over the years and received a very good rating in its latest Ofsted report, conducted in 2016.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 10 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
To celebrate the anniversary there will be a drop-in event at Ashwellthorpe Village Hall on Saturday April 28 from 11am to 3pm.
Activities include a village bear hunt, a display of old photos and memorabilia, a raffle and bear biscuit decorating.