Preschool to mark 50th anniversary with community celebration
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup is marking its 50th anniversary this weekend by inviting the community to celebrate with them.
Bramble Bears Playgroup in Ashwellthorpe first opened its doors in April 1968 as Ashewellthorpe Village Preschool to serve local families.
It was originally run by parents and over the years the group has grown to be a much-loved part of the community over the past half century.
Katie Burrell, the vice chair of Bramble Bears, said: 'The playgroup is proud of its heritage and its child-led approach and ethos.
'Bramble Bears is still run today by a committee of parents and has a very good staff team.
'Over the years the playgroup has formed excellent links with schools and childminders in the area.'
Bramble Bears has gone from strength to strength over the years and received a very good rating in its latest Ofsted report, conducted in 2016.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 9 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash
To celebrate the anniversary there will be a drop-in event at Ashwellthorpe Village Hall on Saturday April 28 from 11am to 3pm.
Activities include a village bear hunt, a display of old photos and memorabilia, a raffle and bear biscuit decorating.