Preschool to mark 50th anniversary with community celebration
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup is marking its 50th anniversary this weekend by inviting the community to celebrate with them.
Bramble Bears Playgroup in Ashwellthorpe first opened its doors in April 1968 as Ashewellthorpe Village Preschool to serve local families.
It was originally run by parents and over the years the group has grown to be a much-loved part of the community over the past half century.
Katie Burrell, the vice chair of Bramble Bears, said: 'The playgroup is proud of its heritage and its child-led approach and ethos.
'Bramble Bears is still run today by a committee of parents and has a very good staff team.
You may also want to watch:
'Over the years the playgroup has formed excellent links with schools and childminders in the area.'
Bramble Bears has gone from strength to strength over the years and received a very good rating in its latest Ofsted report, conducted in 2016.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
To celebrate the anniversary there will be a drop-in event at Ashwellthorpe Village Hall on Saturday April 28 from 11am to 3pm.
Activities include a village bear hunt, a display of old photos and memorabilia, a raffle and bear biscuit decorating.