Appeal to buy eight-year-old cerebral palsy sufferer Sophie an electric wheelchair gets £1,000 boost
- Credit: Archant
An appeal to buy a brave eight-year-old girl from Attleborough, who has cerebral palsy, an electric wheelchair has received a £1,000 boost.
Sophie Warnes has difficulty operating her manual chair due to a lack of mobility in her arms.
Her parents launched an appeal to raise the £12,000 to provide the new chair to give her more freedom.
Attleborough Boxing Club gave a £1,000 boost to the cause with a wine raffle at their recent boxing show, club funds and a donation from Anglian Demolition MD Lee Storer.
The next fundraising event for Let's Get Sophie Moving, will be a pre-loved clothes, shoes and accessories sale and will take place from 7pm to 10pm at Attleborough town hall on Thursday, December 4.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a tombola and refreshments available.
For more information call Mrs Seaman on 07733406525.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?