Appeal to buy eight-year-old cerebral palsy sufferer Sophie an electric wheelchair gets £1,000 boost
- Credit: Archant
An appeal to buy a brave eight-year-old girl from Attleborough, who has cerebral palsy, an electric wheelchair has received a £1,000 boost.
Sophie Warnes has difficulty operating her manual chair due to a lack of mobility in her arms.
Her parents launched an appeal to raise the £12,000 to provide the new chair to give her more freedom.
Attleborough Boxing Club gave a £1,000 boost to the cause with a wine raffle at their recent boxing show, club funds and a donation from Anglian Demolition MD Lee Storer.
The next fundraising event for Let's Get Sophie Moving, will be a pre-loved clothes, shoes and accessories sale and will take place from 7pm to 10pm at Attleborough town hall on Thursday, December 4.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a tombola and refreshments available.
For more information call Mrs Seaman on 07733406525.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation