Affordable homes boost for Wymondham
Wymondham could be set for an affordable homes boost after plans were submitted for two developments near a new GP surgery.The state-of-the-art Windmill Surgery opened last week on former allotments in London Road to help accommodate the town's growth.
Wymondham could be set for an affordable homes boost after plans were submitted for two developments near a new GP surgery.
The state-of-the-art Windmill Surgery opened last week on former allotments in London Road to help accommodate the town's growth.
The remainder of the land, close to the town centre, could help create some of the 2,200 homes proposed for Wymondham by 2026, after two applications were submitted.
South Norfolk Council has lodged a scheme to its own planning department for 18 dwellings on the scrubland between Friarscroft Lane and Old London Road.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland Housing Association has also submitted plans for 12 affordable flats on the same area of land next to the new Windmill Surgery.
A spokeswoman for South Norfolk Council said that the local authority's outline application would include five affordable homes and would be discussed by councillors in October. She added that the council had given some of the land off London Road to Broadland Housing Association for the social homes.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 8 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 9 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 10 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
The Windmill Surgery relocated from its previous home in Melton Road last Monday. Its new premises is able to deal with 9,000 registered patients and has enough space for two nurses' rooms, a counselling room, minor operations, room for five doctors, and a large meeting room.