Affordable homes boost for Wymondham
Wymondham could be set for an affordable homes boost after plans were submitted for two developments near a new GP surgery.The state-of-the-art Windmill Surgery opened last week on former allotments in London Road to help accommodate the town's growth.
Wymondham could be set for an affordable homes boost after plans were submitted for two developments near a new GP surgery.
The state-of-the-art Windmill Surgery opened last week on former allotments in London Road to help accommodate the town's growth.
The remainder of the land, close to the town centre, could help create some of the 2,200 homes proposed for Wymondham by 2026, after two applications were submitted.
South Norfolk Council has lodged a scheme to its own planning department for 18 dwellings on the scrubland between Friarscroft Lane and Old London Road.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland Housing Association has also submitted plans for 12 affordable flats on the same area of land next to the new Windmill Surgery.
A spokeswoman for South Norfolk Council said that the local authority's outline application would include five affordable homes and would be discussed by councillors in October. She added that the council had given some of the land off London Road to Broadland Housing Association for the social homes.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
The Windmill Surgery relocated from its previous home in Melton Road last Monday. Its new premises is able to deal with 9,000 registered patients and has enough space for two nurses' rooms, a counselling room, minor operations, room for five doctors, and a large meeting room.