Abbey concert raises �9,000 for charity
A sold-out concert at Wymondham Abbey has raised about �9,000 in aid of the country's wounded servicemen and women.The special evening of music involved the Tallis Chamber Choir from London and the Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army.
A sold-out concert at Wymondham Abbey has raised about �9,000 in aid of the country's wounded servicemen and women.
The special evening of music involved the Tallis Chamber Choir from London and the Norwich Citadel Band of the Salvation Army.
General Sir Richard Dannatt, alongside members of the Light Dragoons based at Swanton Morley and Wymondham Air Cadets, were also present.
Money raised by the event, which took place in May, will be donated to Help for Heroes.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Christopher Lawrence said: 'The sponsors, including Archant and May Gurney, made a big difference as it meant that we were able to cover all the costs before we had sold a ticket so everyone who came knew that their money was going directly to the charity.
'There are a few small bills still to be settled but the final net amount will be around this sum (�9,000). As always, it was a team effort not only from our committee but also from all the musicians and an army of helpers and the Abbey community.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
'What was great about the occasion was that there was a real sense of a community coming together to give support for a cause that they felt was really important.'