WATCH: Car driven the wrong way on A11 slip road
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment an unsuspecting driver came face-to-face with a car coming the wrong way down a dual carriage way slip road.
Ray Valentine captured the video on Tuesday, May 14 at about 9am as he was about to join the A11 at the Wymondham bypass.
As he was about to speed up a Toyata Yaris can be seen driving towards him. Mr Valentine was able to stop as the Yaris took avoiding action after realising it was travelling the wrong way.
Mr Valentine said: "I did not think it was wise to have a head-on collision.
"If you look carefully you will see the car exit the roundabout and enter the slip road, so I did wonder how they turned around so quickly."
You may also want to watch:
The video was posted on social media where it gained a number of comments praising Mr Valentine for how calm he remained.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions