Property: Pink Victorian farmhouse with seven acres of land for sale
- Credit: Sowerbys
This fun Victorian farmhouse in Great Ellingham, with a Georgian facade and painted Suffolk pink, has come up for sale for £900,000.
Lyngwhite Farm is over 2000 square feet over two floors and is accessed via a driveway lined by mature trees, providing privacy, leading to a horseshoe driveway. The front wall has a well-established climbing wisteria that frames the door and two of the windows.
The house was built on Hingham Road in the 1850s of bricks with a pantile roof, and has been painted in a shade of Suffolk pink.
The entrance hall is the first seen when entering the house. It is a panelled hallway, featuring Laura Ashley wallpaper and contemporary wooden flooring.
The sitting room features the original fireplace with Victorian tiles. There is also a door leading to the garden and windows with large plantation-style shutters, allowing lots of light to enter.
You may also want to watch:
The dining room has the original slate flooring and an inglenook fireplace, with a wood-burning stove. There is also room for a large table.
The kitchen has solid oak cabinets and a double range oven. There is also a third reception room, which can be used as a study, as well as a cloakroom.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 4 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 5 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 6 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 7 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
- 10 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
The stairs with oak banisters lead to a galleried landing which gives access to all five bedrooms.
The two largest bedrooms are both spacious and have ensuites with baths.
The three remaining bedrooms share the main bathroom. All have views of the expansive garden.
The front garden has a formal lawn, with mature shrubbery for privacy.
The back garden has multiple patio areas and gardens that overlook the vast acreage attached to the house.
The house is situated within over seven acres of land, which includes an impressive almost 3000 square feet of outbuildings. There is a stable, a workshop, and a barn.
Hingham Road, Great Ellingham
Guide Price: £900,000
Sowerbys, 01362 693591, www.sowerbys.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.