Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- Credit: Archant Library
Today we are winding back the clock and visiting Wymondham College in the 1960s – a period of growth and development in the school's early days.
The site had been a 9-hole golf course in the village of Morley until 1943. It became a hospital for the US Air Force until 1945 and then a training camp for the Royal Norfolk Regiment.
Pioneering youngsters first stepped into Wymondham College in 1951 when a pilot course of 60 children, aged 12 and 13, began a new chapter at their new school - and home.
In the 1960s the school upgraded and modernised its facilities to accommodate a larger student population.
Dormitories and classrooms in Second World War Nissen huts, heated by a single heated water pipe down one side, were joined by dedicated boarding houses, a new sports complex and more shared communal spaces.
Please enjoy these old photos from the EDP archive of Wymondham College in the 1960s.
For more nostalgic content like this subscribe to our Through the Decades newsletter by clicking here.