Have your say on Carver’s Lane - councillor urges Attleborough families to attend meeting on move to close historic right of way
Families have been urged to attend a meeting to air their views over a move which could see a historic right of way in Attleborough closed.
Proposals from Norfolk Homes would see 91 homes built on Bracken Drive, and would pedestrianise neighbouring Carver’s Lane.
The secluded lane, which dates back to the 1700s, is often used by emergency services avoiding town centre congestion.
People living in the town have expressed their anger over the move, with councillor Tony Crouch leading the campaign against it.
Mr Crouch urged residents to attend the meeting at the start of September.
“We have sent an invite to Norfolk Homes, Cornerstone Planning and the Highways Agency, but have had no reply so far.
“We would like them to come and discuss the plans and hopefully we have a big turn out,” he said.
Norfolk Homes has asked Norfolk County Council to prepare a draft Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) to allow the closure, which will be discussed at public consultations.
A spokesman for the council said: “When the consultation does take place it will provide people who object or wish to comment on the proposed changes with an opportunity to make their views known.
“Norfolk County Council will take account of all comments before deciding whether or not the TRO should be sealed.”
Concerns have also been raised over floodwater drainage and traffic issues for those living on Bryony Way, West Carr Road and Honeysuckle Way.
The final decision on the homes will be made by Breckland District Council.
The meeting will be held on September 1 at 6.15pm, in the town hall on Queen’s Square.
Do you use Carver’s Lane? Let us know by emailing Lauren.firstname.lastname@example.org